We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Disability Case Manager
Are you looking for an environment where integrity, partnership, excellence and constant improvement are at the heart of your everyday life? In our organization, we believe in working collaboratively in a team environment to share our knowledge with one another and to coach and mentor our employees to support our customers.
The Disability Case Manager will be an integral member of a client service team proactively managing assigned disability claims by evaluating medical information and job duties, developing case management and return to employment plans during periods of disability. The Disability Specialist is also responsible for delivering timely, professional and responsive service to our clients and their employees.
By joining our Disability Insurance Management team, you will evolve in an environment where these values are present and you will also benefit from many advantages, such as:
- Remote training and work from home arrangements will be in place on an interim basis due to Covid-19. Future work environment will include some rotational in-office & work-from-home capability.
- An extensive and renowned training program to provide you all the necessary tools to be successful in this position. This training is done online with the constant support of a trainer from our office.
- Career Opportunity Advancement
- Competitive salary and bonus based on experience
- $2000 education reimbursement per year
- Excellent benefits and wellness spending plan of $400
- Competitive Pension plan and Life Insurance Plans
- Advantageous Share Ownership Program
- Our Disability Management offices are centrally located with easy access to public transportation.
- Responsible for the proactive management of assigned disability claims (STD, LTD and Life Waiver) by determining the length of disability through an evaluation of medical information and job duties
- Evaluate the extent of the disability by interviewing or writing to the applicant and the employer, and ongoing update
- Conduct medical investigation by phone or in writing to the applicant, employer, physicians and other medical service providers
- Write letters to inform all affected parties of decisions regarding disability cases;
- Implement return-to-work programs and negotiate with the employer;
- Evaluate health care coordination programs and rehabilitation programs to ensure they have positive effects;
- Adhere to service level agreements associated with policy holder claims;
- Respond to all telephone inquiries made by the applicant, physicians, lawyers, regarding the assessment of the claims.
Applicants who apply to this posting will be considered for anticipated upcoming openings at Canada Life over the next few months.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today! Please apply using the following link: https://careers-canadalife.icims.com/jobs/21153/disability-case-manager/job
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Qualifications and Competencies:
A bachelor's degree or college diploma in Kinesiology, Disability Management, Physiotherapy and/or experience as a Disability Specialist, Rehabilitation Consultant, Occupational Therapist or Consultant, Massage Therapist or any other regulated health care field.
You preferably have experience or training in one of the following areas: disability insurance, life and health insurance or human resources;
You have strong interpersonal skills and excellent listening skills;
You have strong planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills and are able to work with different priorities and timelines;
You are solution-oriented and known to be a decision-maker;
You have excellent communication skills and an interest in customer service;
You like to work in a team, but you are equally competent on your own;
Bilingual in French and English is an asset;
You consent to a criminal background check at Canada Life's expense.
Employment Posting ID: 87971