Grande Prairie Public School District
- Join an interdisciplinary team that provides support and education to a diverse population while gaining experience in the full scope of practice!
- Enjoy attractive pay of $63,755 – $98,282, plus full benefits, including Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, and MORE!
- Work from a beautiful area with a limitless availability of activities, and a family-based community!
About the Organization
Peace Collaborative Services is an umbrella organization whose employees are hired by the Grande Prairie Public School District #2357. The organization serves 8 school jurisdictions from Manning in the north to Grande Cache in the south, west to the border and east to Valleyview. The current positions are for the Grande Prairie area and a typical caseload is 2-4 schools.
For more information on PCS please visit www.pscd.info.
About the Opportunity
Peace Collaborative Services currently has an exciting role for an Occupational Therapist to join our team in Grande Prairie on a full-time basis. This role is a contract for the 2020-2021 School Year.
As our new Occupational Therapist, you will work collaboratively to integrate student programming with other disciplines such as Speech-Language, Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Psychology as well as for students with visual and/or hearing impairment. This role will see you working to make a difference by providing individual child services while also taking on a leadership role and overseeing program services.
While no two days in this role will ever be alike your more typical responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing intervention programs, conducting periodic re-assessments and evaluations of individual programs and recommending adjustments as needed.
- Providing direct treatment intervention to specific children.
- Instructing teachers, assistants, volunteers, and parents in occupational therapy intervention techniques.
- Participating in case conferences, parent interviews, medical consultations and clinic programming.
- Researching and providing consultations regarding adaptive equipment and technical aids.
- Supervising para-professional staff and providing programming input for Educational Assistants.
- Providing input into the direction and requirements of the Occupational Therapy program in various jurisdictions.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating a quality assurance program.
- Providing input into the annual operating and capital equipment budgets.
- Providing input into the development and implementation of group programs.
- Attending staff, department, and other meetings as required.
About the Benefits
In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary of $63,755 – $98,282 based on experience. In addition, you can look forward to the following array of benefits:
- Full benefits, including Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, Health Spending Account
- Mentorship and the opportunity to work on a diverse caseload
- Working the school year with school holidays
- Payment of Professional dues
- Professional liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Great development opportunities
Best of all, you will be welcomed into a supportive multidisciplinary team environment that will listen to and value your ideas. This is an opportunity to make your mark on an established and highly respected organization, using your experience and skills to inspire a direct and positive impact on students.
Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skills in a dynamic working environment in Grande Prairie or Peace River, Alberta – Apply Now!
In order to qualify for this role, you must be registered or eligible to be registered with ACOT and/or CAOT as well as possessing a valid driver's license and having the ability to successfully provide a criminal record and child welfare check. Previous pediatric experience is an asset.
Above all, you'll work well independently while being able to show initiative. You'll also be self-motivated, and an enthusiastic learner with excellent problem solving skills.
To apply for this role please go to https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/124735
August 10, 2020
Employment Posting ID: 80305