Government of Yukon -> Education – Student Support Services
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $79,521 – $92,234 per annum
Closing date: December 31, 2020
This competition is open to all candidates who meet the above noted Admissibility. A hiring preference will apply for qualified candidates of Canadian Aboriginal ancestry, with a priority for qualified Yukon First Nation candidates. This initiative is in support of the Yukon government’s goal for a representative public service.
For more information on the hiring preference, visit www.yukon.ca/hiring-preference.
Living in Yukon – Thriving in Life
Our goal is to support all learners in developing the essential skills, knowledge and personal qualities that they need to thrive in life.
This is a permanent full-time position, working 75 hours bi-weekly. This ad will also be used to fill permanent part-time positions (working 22.5 hours bi-weekly) and an auxiliary on-call position (working up to 75 hours bi-weekly).
Student Support Services, in the Schools and Student Services Branch, provides support to students throughout Yukon to allow students to meet their personal potential. Student Support Services, Yukon Education values inclusion, acceptance and safety.
Under the direction of the Manager of Student Support Services, this position involves providing a broad range of occupational therapy services to students in the public school system across Yukon, including assessments, intervention and assistance with program development for students. This position also involves participating as a member of a multidisciplinary team to assist schools, parents and caregivers in supporting students with special learning needs.
As this position will provide services to rural schools, travel will be required.
For more information about this position, please contact Liza Manolis at (867) 667-5190 or email@example.com.
For information about applying, contact Maneesha Singh, HR Consultant, at (867) 667-8658 or Maneesha.Singh@gov.yk.ca.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a recognized institution;
- Recent experience completing assessment and recommendations for school-aged youth with physical disabilities, sensory integration and other health impairments;
- Recent experience providing consultation to students, parents and staff within a public school system;
- Recent experience in being part of a multidisciplinary diagnostic team for FASD would be an asset;
- Recent experience providing supports and programming in assistive technology would be an asset;
- Fluency in the French Language would be an asset.
Candidates who have education, training and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to provide both direct and consultative psychological services to school-aged clients
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
Conditions of Employment: RCMP Security Clearance, including Vulnerable Sector; Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
Job Requirements: Willingness to travel
Learn more about us!
Yukon government has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014!
To learn more about why the Yukon government is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, please see the following link:
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Occupational Therapist, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: https://yukon.ca/en/employment.
“Committed to Employment Equity”
Employment Posting ID: 82902