Buffalo Trail Public Schools
Buffalo Trail Public Schools invites applications from qualified individuals for the position of Occupational Therapist. The Occupational Therapist (OT) will provide effective support and services to students in our schools by working collaboratively with BTPS students, families, administration, educational staff, multi-disciplinary teams, and external agencies. Reporting to the Director of Inclusive Learning, the OT will support and promote the success of all students as part of multidisciplinary teams across the school division. This is a 0.5 – 1.0 FTE (flexibility may be granted) position ending on June 30, 2021 (with a strong possibility of extension into the 2021/2022 school year). Employee applications as well as private practice proposals will be considered.
Qualifications and skill sets required:
- A Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy or Bachelor’s degree and preferably a minimum of five years related experience.
- Registered with (or have the ability to register with) the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT).
- Advanced communication and collaboration skills considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to develop/implement consistent and comprehensive documentation policy/procedures and proficiency in the use and application of technology, such as Google Suite platforms.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Duties of the Occupational Therapist will include:
- Provide universal, targeted, and individualized supports and services (direct and indirect) in all division schools – on-site and using remote technologies.
- Communicate and collaborate with other members of the student’s inclusive learning team (including parents), school inclusive learning teams, and multi-disciplinary teams at each school and jurisdiction level.
- Providing assessment/screening administration, guidance, scoring, reporting, and interpretation; and appropriate, relevant, and student focused implementation/intervention plan support, and coaching to students, parents, education staff, and multi-disciplinary team members.
- Contribute and support student Individual Support Plans (ISP), Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBSP), Medical Management Plans’, etc. development, monitoring, and program plan evaluation.
- Supervise, provide guidance and support to designated Therapy Assistants.
- Facilitate professional development for students, parents, education staff, and multi-disciplinary team members.
- Other duties as required.
For more information, contact Crystal Tower, Director of Inclusive Learning, at
780-806-9312, or by email, email@example.com .
This posting will provide school and jurisdiction Children’s Rehabilitation Services to students within all schools in Buffalo Trail Public Schools.
The successful candidates will be required to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are necessary since travel is required as part of this position.
Salary will commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and training.
Only applicants who selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.
Applications received before 4:30 pm on Friday, January 22, 2021 will receive strong consideration.
Please email resumes and/or private contract proposals, along with references to:
Crystal Tower, Director of Inclusive Learning,
Buffalo Trail Public Schools
Employment Posting ID: 83236