Enable Occupational Therapy
- Enough time for clinicians to deliver 1:1 excellent patient care in 45 – 60 minute sessions
- Support for work-life balance for clinicians by providing flexible days of work.
- Regular hands-on mentorship sessions with an OT with over 10 years of experience in pediatrics and neurological rehabilitation
- Team oriented environment with the opportunity to run groups for children and adults
- Annual performance evaluations with opportunities to advance
Enable Occupational Therapy is a growing private practice that provides innovative and creative Occupational Therapy and Recreation Therapy services primarily to children between 0-18 years of age. Our unique programs include basketball, kayaking, soccer, printing, swimming, anxiety reduction, and playground sessions. Our therapists provide assessment, consultation, and treatment (1:1 and group settings) for children with a range of diagnoses, including brain injuries, Autism, Down’s syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and Developmental Delay in collaboration with families and community partners. We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time, Occupational Therapist to join our fun and energetic multidisciplinary team (currently comprised of 4 Occupational Therapists, 1 Recreation Therapist, 3 Rehabilitation Assistants, 2 Kinesiologists, and a friendly therapy dog) that provides family centered care. This rapidly growing clinic will be expanding in Spring 2020 to provide rehabilitation to clients with Parkinson’s disease (exercise classes and anxiety reduction classes), in addition to adults with brain injuries, and teens with mental health diagnoses.
- Work with clients and their families to set and achieve OT goals which have targeted and measurable outcomes
- Provide direct service, consultation and education to clients, families, and community providers with a focus on maximizing a child’s function at home, in school, and on the playground
- Utilize evidence-based treatment and assessments
- Part-time positions (2 – 3 days per week with shifts of 3 – 6 hours per day: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- Flexible work schedules with additional options of completing the administrative part of the work (e.g. report writing etc.) from a home office
- Hours include after-school times such as late afternoons and early evenings, and may include Saturdays, as per the clinician’s preference
- Locations: Richmond and/or Surrey/Langley
Location: The main clinic is located in scenic, historical Steveston, Richmond! It is one block from the waterfront, surrounded by numerous coffee shops, restaurants, and local stores within walking distance. Our new clinic locations are in Vancouver (Kerrisdale) and the Tri-Cities area (Port Moody). Home visits, school sessions and wheelchair assessments are throughout Metro-Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
The ideal candidate…
- Passionate about providing excellent patient care
- A self-starter who enjoys autonomy in his or her practice
- Willingness to discover best practice guidelines for treatment
- Comfortable working as the sole Occupational Therapist on site, at times
- Thrives working as part of a high performing, driven, and motivated team, with significant collaboration with experienced team of Rehabilitation Assistants and Recreation Therapists.
- Possesses a high level of attention to detail
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills to maintain regular email, phone, and in-person interactions with external funders, schools, and clients
- Comfortable with online charting systems
- Highly organized to complete charting in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
• Graduate of an accredited Canadian Occupational Therapy Program (Master’s Degree or equivalent academic training) and/or successful completion of the Canadian Occupational Therapy exam process (National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination)
• Full registration (or eligible for full registration) under the College of Occupational Therapists of B.C.
• Private sector Occupational Therapy experience preferred (minimum 1- 2 years), or public sector pediatric Occupational Therapy experience (1 – 2 years minimum).
Clinical Director, Gina Fernandez (OT) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted in Jan 2020. Expected start date is Feb 2020.
January 31, 2020
Employment Posting ID: 74671