Bringing Seniors Into Focus – Health Professionals Mini-Conference
June 21 @ 8:00 am - June 22 @ 12:00 pm$100.00
$100 Registration Fee – Includes Lunch, Refreshments & Certificates of Completion
15 Expert Presenters!
Relevant for All Levels of Care – Home Care, Supportive Living & Long-term Care
Of interest to occupational therapists, physiotherapists, recreation therapists, nurses, social workers…
- Challenging Balance and Building Strength the Bender Ball Way – Leslie McEwan, Older Adult Training Specialist
Complimentary ball for every participant, courtesy of Flaman Fitness! Learn how to incorporate these easy to follow core/balance exercises and activities into your group and individual programs.
- Communications Tools to Enhance Care – Mark Marcynuk, BSC PT, PCC
Gather practical tools to communicate with those with responsive behaviours due to dementia and BPSD at all levels of care.
- Can Specifically Designed Physical Activity Decrease Progression of Dementia? – Salma Murji, MD CCFP
Learn about specific types of physical activities that can stimulate the brain and their response to helping with symptoms of dementia.
- Working with the Aging Indigenous Population – Jessie Redcrow, B.Sc.OT, OT©& Holly Calliou, BScN, RN
Learn more about navigating services, funding and jurisdictions for First Nations clients in all areas of practice.
- Biopsychosocial Recovery from Pain for the Older Adult – Bonnie Klassen, MscOT
Practical approaches to working with older adults challenged by chronic pain.
Driving Retirement, Resilience in Mental Health, Capacity Assessments and much more…!
Download the mini-conference brochure/program Bringing Seniors into Focus Brochure
June 21, 2019 – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
June 22, 2019 – 8:00 am to Noon
Close to 30 Vendors & Exhibitors – Open Both Days!
You will need to choose your sessions at the end of the online registration process.