Lower Extremity Edema Management
November 24 @ 8:00 am - November 25 @ 3:15 pm
Presenter: Glyn Murgatroyd, BPE, BScOT
SAOT members receive a $50 discount.
Lower Extremity Edema Management is a comprehensive two-day seminar focusing on developing strong foundational skills in the practice of edema management. This course covers the full spectrum from theory, assessment, technical skills of vascular and sensory assessments, compression therapy and compression stockings/systems.
Participants will have an opportunity to practice vascular assessments using doppler ultrasound and photoplethysmograph machines. Vendors from 3M Canada, BSN Medical and Market Drugs Medical will be present to offer participants with hands-on practice applying compression wraps and to provide knowledge on compression stockings as well as available stocking aids.
The seminar is designed for health care professionals who work in clinical settings which require assessment and treatment of lower leg edema and would like to further develop their skills and clinical reasoning. Prospective attendees also include experienced clinicians who wish to update their skills with current supporting evidence. Clinicians or OT students who have an interest in edema management with minimal clinical exposure are also be appropriate for this seminar.
The goals of the seminar:
- Understand and identify different types of edema
- Learn how to complete a comprehensive lower leg and vascular assessment
- Learn about available treatments for chronic venous insufficiency and lymphedema
- Understand the indications and contraindications for compression therapy
- Identify properties and usages for different compression therapies
- Improve awareness of available stockings, aids and current AADL policy
Click HERE for conference agenda.
Please note that coffee breaks will be incorporated throughout the days.
Register HERE through Theraskills.