Occupational Therapy Recovery Conference 2018: Evidence-based Restorative Strategies – Skill Building for the Wholehearted Caring Professional
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 26 @ 4:00 pm$60 – $125
SAOT Members Save! Select the SAOT Member option below.
Discount applies to all categories of SAOT membership!
The Edmonton Zone Occupational Therapy Practice Council is pleased to present a two-day event to addiction and mental health service providers.
Our featured speaker, Lynn Festa OTR, CHT, CDWF, will provide a two-day workshop, in lecture format, with a strong emphasis on hands-on practical learning skills that can be applied to the clinical OT and educational setting immediately following the workshop. Lynn will use the foundational principles of occupational therapy in establishing a therapeutic relationship with each client using a holistic strength-based approach. These principles will be combined with the latest scientific studies from the field of positive psychology.
Lynn will also incorporate evidence-based tools and strategies using a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Brené Brown, PhD, and her curriculum The Daring WayTM. Brown’s work primarily focuses on developing resilience skills and daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent and lead.
Over two days, participants can expect to meet the following learning objectives:
- Define and identify the attributes and neurophysiology of empathy, compassion and gratitude, and their application to clinical practice;
- Understand how to apply evidence based tools and strategies designed to decrease clinician burnout and improve well-being at work and beyond; and
- Understand and apply the latest evidence based studies from the field of positive psychology [as they relate to occupational therapy] and their relevance to optimizing patient outcomes
- Implement the use of core values to develop and enhance a strength-based approach to patient care; and
- Describe how to develop patient /therapist trust to improve adherence and maximize outcomes.
About the Presenter:
Lynn Festa graduated from Boston University in 1988 with a bachelor of science in Occupational Therapy, and attained her Hand Therapy Certification in 1995. She has worked in a wide variety of therapy settings, including owning her own hand therapy clinic for six years. She has presented at numerous national and international conferences, webinars, keynotes and group workshops on a multitude of topics related to hand rehabilitation as well as empathy and compassion in the healthcare environment.
In 2013, finding herself in burnout and disillusioned as a clinician, Lynn began her pursuit in what she intended to be a shift away from occupational hand therapy, and enrolled and completed the Martha Beck Life Coach training. In 2014 Lynn underwent intensive training in The Daring Way ™, a curriculum based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown and is now a Certified Daring Way ™ Facilitator. She has also attained a Certificate in Positive Psychology through the Wholebeing Institute.
A Clinical Consultant at Berkshire Hand to Shoulder Center and is the owner of Health Professional Coaching, LLC, Lynn is thrilled to report that this journey has brought her closer to her first love of “all things OT”. She now combines her skills as an occupational therapist with her career calling as a Health Professional Coach to provide tools and strategies for the Caring Professional to thrive in the workplace and in their everyday lives.
She has presented on similar topics at national and state conferences, webinars, keynotes and group workshops. She is a Clinical Consultant at Berkshire Hand to Shoulder Center and is the owner of Health Professional Coaching, LLC.
- Only online payment accepted.
- Day 1 is not a pre-requisite for Day 2.
- Day 1 and 2: Registration and morning refreshments are from 8:00 a.m.- 8:30 a.m.
- Opening remarks begin at 8:45 a.m. followed by our keynote speaker.
- Breaks will be in both the morning and afternoon. Lunch is provided both days, and there will be networking opportunities.
- Each day will wrap up with closing remark from 3:55 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Being mindful and caring of our planet Earth, no handouts will be available at the conference. Handouts will be available on the website/emailed prior.
- Cancellation on or before October 1st will receive a 100% refund. Cancellation after October 1st, will not receive a refund.
The registration deadline is October 11, 2018. No late registrations can be accepted. Registrations must be completed using this online system by the registration deadline.
If you have questions, contact OTRecoveryConference@albertahealthservices.ca.