- This event has passed.
Online Chronic Pain Workshop
September 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$125.00 – $225
The online Chronic Pain Workshop is a 6-hour practical, non-pharmacological approach to the assessment and management of chronic pain. The content and tools can be applied to various age groups and settings but will focus on complex clients and the use of virtual platforms for rehabilitation, reflecting our current reality. The content is applicable to occupational therapists, physiotherapists, kinesiologists, psychologists, and others who work with motivating and reactivating clients with chronic pain. There will be opportunities for interaction with small and large group discussions. Practical tools and resources are included.
Taking place over two-days:
September 26, 2020 (9am to Noon)
October 3, 2020 (9am to Noon)
Learn more about this workshop by attending the FREE Webinar on September 9, 2020!
- Increase knowledge of how and why to assess pain
- Increase knowledge of pain assessments for individuals with cognitive and communication barriers
- Increase skills with gaining rapport and building trust
- Increase understanding of the complexity of the pain experience
- Learn how to approach pain neuroscience education
- Apply pain assessment and management knowledge to complex case examples
- Develop skills to customize reactivation programs for clients with complex chronic pain
- Increase knowledge of Alberta-based resources for clients with chronic pain
Presenter: Bonnie Klassen, BSc(OT), MSc
Bonnie Klassen is a clinical occupational therapist with 23 years of experience in a variety of settings, community, hospital based, urban and rural. She is employed with Alberta Health Services as an occupational therapist in chronic pain clinics in Camrose and Vermilion and she is the owner of Action OT in Edmonton.
Group or individual mentoring is available on request following the 6-hour program to provide supports to overcome barriers and coaching to effectively promote participants as skilled providers for complex clients with chronic pain and/or those at risk of developing chronicity.