Online course – Wheelchair & Seated Mobility: Assessment and Prescription
May 6 @ 8:00 am - June 14 @ 5:00 pm$50 – $250
It is critical that rehab professionals working with clients with seating needs have a thorough understanding of the factors that impact manual wheelchair propulsion, seating, and positioning. This online course covers theoretical models guiding seating practice, client centered assessment, common wheelchair types, wheelchair set up for effective propulsion, common seating components, goal setting, and management of commonly encountered postural deformities.
Through this online course participants will gain a better understanding of the factors involved in client assessment and wheelchair/seating prescription. Content is delivered through online video lectures, demonstration videos, and required knowledge checks. In addition, participants have the opportunity to observe a complete seating assessment (demo) and complete a case study (assignment).
Now accepting applications for the next course running May 6 – June 14, 2019.
The (WSM) course consists of the following eight modules and two case studies:
– Theoretical Framework
– Wheelchair Seating Assessment – The Setup
– Physical Assessment of the Client
– Introduction to Equipment
– Goal Setting
– Moving from Assessment to Action
– Case Study 1 (demo). Includes Intro, Interview, Range of Motion, and Wheelchair Assessment video content.
– Case Study 2 (assignment). Includes Interview, Range of Motion, Seated and Lying Assessment, and Wheelchair Assessment video content.
Visit www.uab.ca/pd to register or email email@example.com for additional information