- This event has passed.
Lower Extremity Edema Management
April 27 @ 8:00 am - April 28 @ 4:30 pm
Presenter: Glyn Murgatroyd, BPE, BScOT
SAOT Members Receive a $50 Discount on this Two-Day Workshop
Lower Extremity Edema Management is a comprehensive two-day seminar, focusing on developing strong foundational skills in the practice of edema management. This course covers the full spectrum from theory, assessment, technical skills of vascular and sensory assessments, compression therapy and compression stockings/systems.
Participants will have an opportunity to practice vascular assessments using doppler ultrasound and photoplethysmograph machines. Vendors from 3M Canada, BSN Medical and Market Drugs Medical will be present to offer participants with hands-on practice applying compression wraps and to provide knowledge on compression stockings as well as available stocking aids.
The goals of the seminar:
- Understand and identify different types of edema
- Learn how to complete a comprehensive lower leg and vascular assessment
- Learn about available treatments for chronic venous insufficiency and lymphedema
- Understand the indications and contraindications for compression therapy
- Identify properties and usages for different compression therapies
- Improve awareness of available stockings, aids and current AADL policy
Click HERE for seminar agenda.
Please note that coffee breaks will be incorporated throughout the days.
Register HERE through Theraskills