Become a Member of SAOT
SAOT is the voice for occupational therapy in Alberta!
SAOT is a voluntary, non-regulatory body that provides networking and education opportunities for its members as well as advocating for occupational therapy to government, insurers, and the public. SAOT helps occupational therapists achieve their potential and works towards providing dynamic membership benefits and services.
Early Bird Draw Winner!
Congratulations to Sandra Sveinunggaard of St Albert – winner of the early bird renewal draw. Sandra will receive a $500 Best Buy gift card. Happy shopping Sandra!
Be a part of a professional association whose mission is to bridge research, practice, advocacy and policy for OTs in Alberta, and take advantage of the many benefits SAOT has to offer.
Full MembershipBenefits of Full Membership
- Access to SAOT’s group professional liability insurance program at substantially reduced rates
- Access to group home and auto insurance
- Discounts on SAOT-sponsored workshop offerings
- Free web site listings for OTs working in private practice
- Exclusive Member-Only access to employment postings, awards, networking and more
- Access to practice resources
- OTAlberta Newsletter – distributed annually
- Vendor Directory
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting
- Volunteer opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Ongoing advocacy efforts and representation as the voice of occupational therapy in Alberta
- Promotion of occupational therapy services in Alberta
Of interest to new grads!
New graduates receive a 50% discount on SAOT membership fees to help you get started in your practice and to access professional liability insurance. If you are a new graduate that is in, or starting, your first year of coverage you will be eligible for a 50% premium discount on professional liability insurance. New grads in or starting, your second year of coverage are eligible for a 25% premium discount on professional liability insurance.
Of interest to expecting or new parents!
If you are on maternity/parental leave and working less than 6 consecutive months during the membership year, you will be eligible for a 50% premium discount on professional liability insurance.